Thursday, November 13, 2008

House Update/Progress

So I haven't posted much on the house recently, because there really wasn't much to report. It seems to be going so slow right now...weather hinders working and they are working a lot on ladders and scaffolding. They had to make at least 6 girders, on the spot which takes time....email me if you want the definition of a girder. Basically it is what makes the "overhang" of the roof. They also decided to extend the roof line over the laundry room/garage connector. So that took a little time as well. Today they are putting the sheeting on the main portion of the house.....rain in the forecast tomorrow...but none next week. Hopefully that is finished next week. The garage floor is ready to pour, just waiting for the plumber to come and run some pipes in there so it will be a "heated" floor.
The shingles have been ordered as well as the garage doors. The windows only take 2 weeks to be delivered so hopefully they will be ordered next week so we can get this puppy closed in for the winter. We had the gas set up so they will have heat in there to work ALL WINTER LONG!!
I have met with the cabinet people, liked their appearance and bid...so much so that we are going to have them bid out the pantry and laundry room as well. So those will probably be ordered soon...wont need them till Feb/March, however there are a lot of cabinets and they take a while to produce. Any suggestions on my Craft "crap" Room set up? I can't decide if I want cabinets, shelves, cubbies, bins, on and on and on....
I tried to "layout" what you are looking at....hopefully if you click on the image it will enlarge.



good view of the girder on the "jut" out...



6 comments:

jord,ali,hal,kam and grae too! said...

It looks even bigger with walls! love it! I can see it on my way to Lowes from Broad!!

Nic said...

Wow....HOW EXCITING! It's going to be so big and beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished product! I LOVE your pics with descriptions. Can't wait to drive by over the holidays! nic

Alyssa Cabrera said...

Do i have my own room?????

Anonymous said...

Holy #@#%! Fabulous! We are so thrilled for all of you!

You've got me thinking about your craft room...I will email you some thoughts, but I am sure you have put a lot of thought into it already.

One question, though...where is the guest "wing?" We'd love to visit! :)

Jill and fam

Julie and Luke said...

It is huge!!!! We are so happy for all of you! Are you going to have a bowling alley and an indoor swimming pool like the dudes on Cribs?

Anonymous said...

You wanted a defintion for "Girder" Well here you go..

A girder is a support beam used in construction. Girders often have an I beam cross section for strength, but may also have a box shape, Z shape or other forms. Girder is the term used to denote the main horizontal support of a structure which supports smaller beams.Many times a girder is used in the building of bridges.

So does that mean your house can also be used as an "ARK"?