Sunday, July 19, 2009

huge progress

You thought I was going to post about House Progress, right? So now you are confused about the Baby Picture and scary looking parents. That is Finley on her Birthday...notice how short she is...she was totally bent in half due to her breech position....anyhoo....she has made HUGE PROGRESS.
She is no longer our "baby" anymore. We have been trying, not terribly hard, since her birthday to "potty train" her. I know, 3 years old is late, but let me tell you....she could have cared less and showed not ONE smidgen of interest. So we tried and backed off, tried and backed off, tried and backed off and then just basically stopped trying. Well...JULY 4th, while Sean and I (and em and dad) are moving the hardwood flooring into the house, she was in the care of my mom. Apparently she told my mom 3 times while we were gone that she "had to go potty" and she actually went!!!! She had NEVER said she "had to go potty". Since that day she tells us when she has to go and has not had ONE accident.....including the 4 day car trip to Florida we just returned from....
We are so proud of her and proud of ourselves for not beating ourselves up over it. There is such a parental peer pressure to have your child walk first, or talk first, or potty first. In reality the child usually will figure it out on their own when they are ready. Don't get me wrong, changing a 3 1/2 year olds dirty diapers was getting old...
Now its time for another baby, right.....hahahahahahahahaha aaah no, we are good with our two.

1 comment:

jord,ali,hal,kam and grae too! said...

Can you send Miss Fin over to have a talk with Grae...I don't really enjoy 3am. It was fun for awhile but now I am over it and just want to sleep.