Monday, December 3, 2007

Halloween in December

I cannot believe I am telling you this.....the home we are living in currently sometimes gets a bat in the attic. It is a known fact. I have to confess that I always laugh at the stories of the bats when they are told. My first encounter, been coming to this house since 1991, came last year in August (06). When telling that one it is funny too. I am a little creeped out by it so I try not to go into the attic. Well with Christmas around, in order to decorate, you need to go to the attic to get the decorations. Meme went up there on Sunday to take a chair upstairs and she said there was not a sign of bats....JINX!!!!!!
About 3:30 am Mondaymorn/Sunday eve I woke to a fluttering repetitive sound....barely opened my eyes and could see something circling above....BAT...was my first thought. I quickly covered my head and woke Sean who immediately knew what was happening.....

This is what my brave, handsome prince said...."what do we do?". How the hell was I supposed to know?

So it is a long story....quite funny now....and if you want to know it email me and I will tell ya. Basically it left our room and went into Bradens room....THAT scared the bejesus out of me...he slept through the whole thing thankfully. It ended up Sean was able to swat at it out of Brady's room into the landing, it hit the mirror and landed on a blanket. He threw the towel on it then we carefully carried the blanket,bat,towel and rubbermaid lid on top to the side door and tossed. We never saw the bat leave or on the ground......we searched the house then again and are assuming it flew away when we tossed the bundle.......

Needless to say, I didnt get back to sleep very easily. No I did not take this picture.

The bad news is....we have to take the empty decoration boxes back to the attic, tonight...............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is DISGUSTING! I have yet to see a bat in the house ... I can only imagine.
Kari :)

Shannon said...

Talk about good times! The bat escapades in my parent's house have left some serious scars! Glad you and Sean won the battle, at least this one!