Monday, December 20, 2010

fun ornament





In a season of busy-ness....its always fun to try to squeeze in some crafts. The Kane girls were in town this weekend and I took this craft over to the kid's grandma's house to fill some time. Its really easy!!

I saw it on a blog....a little bit funky...and she got it somewhere....giving props where props are due.

I will say it was easiest with the bigger kids, although Mallory the 2 year old did fine. I do think an even larger ornament would have worked better with Braden.

Paint liberally their hands....
Place bottom of ornament in their palm and have them slooooowwwwly
Wrap their fingers around the ornament....the slowly un wrap.






Then comes the tedious part.....once dry, I hot glued felt as hats and scarves and used a sharpie for the face....be sure to write their name and year on the underside where the palm was...if you click on the below picture you can see the finished product better!

2 comments:

jord,ali,hal,kam and grae too! said...

CUTE Megan!!!

Sarah and Kieran said...

I LOVE THIS! when I have kids, i'm totally doing this with them. you are so crafty, Megan!