Monday, February 23, 2009

photo fun

Have I ever mentioned just how wonderful my husband is at giving gifts? Really, almost embarassingly good. He is just a generous soul and loves to make you happy...in my case giddy. I am spoiled, horribly, and I know it. ONE of my Valentine's gifts was a zoom lens for my new camera that I bought myself for my birthday back in August. So I have been playing with it...can't wait to use it outside once the weather perks up. Here are some random pictures. Love you Sean!!

at normal range
full zoom...If you click on the picture you can see ear wax in her ear....gross I know


her new diva glasses...they have a hello kitty on the side. I wish they came in my size, however I have a uber large melon

Love how her shoe is fuzzy in the background. If you look at most pictures of the kids you will notice that they ALWAYS have crud around their mouth. They are the messiest eaters and I have given up on wiping their mouths ALL the time.
The Annual Gale (Braden's School) Auction was tonight. Since I am the room mother for his class I was in charge of collecting all the supplies (arts and crafts for the kindergartners) and organizing them in the basket. See Below....
Then it is an item at the silent auction....which was mayhem. I had to take my sister (thanks em!!)with me to help with the bidding. Alyssa was there and we sorta teamed up. I sadly lost out on winning a 1/2 recess for Braden's class or for Brady to have lunch with his teacher. Jakob, Alyssa's son, did win the day of NO homework....these went for big money. Last I checked on recess it was at 80.00. I stopped because I figure that Kindergartners play more than the rest of the grades. We weren't knocking people over, and I did give up when stuff go too high. I ended up with:
1 cherry pie---Dozen Super Yummy Frosted Sugar Cookies----30 carwash tokens
a $200 photographer gift certificate----a Gale Tshirt-----a super cool hurricane candle holder
ALL FOR $140.00.....yes, a little more than I wanted to spend, but it goes to the school which ultimately Braden benefits from.....
wonder what next year will bring.............








1 comment:

Kari said...

Love the sunglasses, Fin! Silent auction sounds like fun...totally neato prizes!