Thursday, January 31, 2008

Look out Vera Bradley

So I decided to get crafty today. I purchased a book the other day with some fun projects in it. One project was a cosmetic bag. I decided to give it a go and see just how crafty I am. Instead of using fabric, I used a placemat from Target. Whats neat about this placemat, is this

1. Double sided....so there is already a lining that coordinates.
2. Has some stabilizer between the layers.

A bonus was that once cut, the layers peeled....so I could make the lining separate, which just looks better. This is the first time I EVER used a zipper....not so bad for my first time...you don't understand how proud of myself I am!!



the original placemat
cutting to size
the finished project
my stamina and showing its size...tomorrow I will make a larger one
then I went on to make dinner (stroganoff) and cook some chicken for another meal
just call me susy homemaker.....for today

5 comments:

jord,ali,hal,kam and grae too! said...

Now I know why you aren't going with us to 1154 Lill!! Trader! However I will happily pay you to make me a cute little makeup bag out of a PLACEMAT!!! love it! good god...first teaching me how to use my camera and now i'm gonna have to come over and learn how to sew!

Sarah and Kieran said...

that is the CUTEST makeup bag i have ever seen! i think you have yourself a new business....em with the jewelry, you with the bags....
nice work!

Anonymous said...

Megan, you are way too crafty. Love the makeup bag! =)
-Meg B

Anonymous said...

I am SOOO proud of you! Rock on!

Shannon said...

Mo, Good Lord! You are amazing. So glad you are my sister in law and I can reap the benefits of all your talents! Shan