Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We have a Kindergartener

So Braden is officially a school aged student. On Friday the 22nd we went to school with his backpack FULL of all his school supplies. We met his teacher Mrs. K and found where his table is and where his cubby is. He seemed nonplussed.



Come Monday morning we were ready. Mom came over to hang with Finley so I could totally concentrate on getting Braden to school and have him find everything he needed. We got to school and I turned waaaayyyy nervous. There were hundreds of children and double that in parents. Braden couldnt find his "line" there were so many people. He played for a few minutes then lined up and off he went....alone. He wanted to go alone.....so he did, and I got teary. Luckily it was only a 2 1/2 hour day. Finley and I went back to pick up Braden and he was so excited to see us and let us know that he did it. He gave Fin a big hug and then proceeded to tell me that he gets to eat lunch and take a nap at school tomorrow.....so I guess he likes it!!


here he is prying his fingers from the classroom aide


2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh my goodness! I don't know if it's the button down shirt or the backpack, but he looks so GROWN UP! Congrats on surviving the first two days!

Sharing the Blessings said...

Congrats on Braden's first day and Happy Belated Birthday to you!