Thursday, August 20, 2009

the birthday brigade has begun

Except for the first four grandkids, emily and kari...my remaining family members birthdays fall from August 15 thru Jan 15....Meme, me, shannon, steve, mallory, luke, sean, rock, my grandma, nana, grandad, papa....so when Memes birthday arrives, I know that it is a lot of birthday cake for awhile, which is OK, because I love me some cake and icing. Meme had her birthday last weekend and we had a little celebration. It was great because all the grandkids were there to help her blow out her candles....hopefully they will all be there next year because she has a lot to blow out!!

Shannon, with the creative genius of Kane, made this 4 layer cake, complete with 3 different frostings....








now here is a motley crew




Shannon and Steve got a new camera that they were playing with...it has smile recognition so we were seeing how long it would take to recognize peoples smiles.....think Sean or Mark Reed




A weekend at Meme's wouldnt be comlete without a bath....






Mallory obviously was here for the festivities and Shannon and I tried out a new do...









1 comment:

Kari said...

Okay .... that is a lot of birthdays, I'm uber upset that I missed out on that CAKE and omg, cute hair on my daughter. It is just a bow or did you have a rubberband in it too? (It actually looks like she has as much hair as Fin in that bath pic!) Oh, and quite a nice pice of the men, I must say.