Saturday, February 20, 2010

friday.....

Today marks the end of my "day in the life...."

As you can see it is really not all that glamorous. Today was a day to attempt to get my craft room in order. I still had half of it in the garage, so my parents came over to help take it inside as well as move luggage, baby clothes, some entertaining stuff, exercise stuff and halloween stuff to the basement. We also discussed some future projects for the garage and the basement. I cant wait, they are all projects that Sean and I can do together!! I also went Excedrine Sinus shopping for the hubby and took it and a hot cup of tea up to him at work....yes, we are still cruddy. I also shopped for storage containers and an iron. Thinking about hitting the dollar store for big glass jars....have 2 want more. But they are like 12.00. I know that doesnt sound like a lot, but 5 more is 60.00....nice math, right?

I slowly have been dusting shelves and moving shelves and thinking. It is just like the kitchen, I have to think where the best place would be for these things. I am also thinking....still am....if I really will use some of this stuff. I went through a card making phase and have a small collection of rubber stamps. Not sure if I will use them too frequently. Same with the 30 lbs of scrapbook paper I have.....so for now I am keeping them. They may make a disappearance in the future. Maybe box 'em up and send 'em to the basement. Needless to say it isnt finished and it is on my adgenda this weekend....as well as finishing our closet and the garage.....we still have a few loads of garage stuff and such at the Kanes that we need to get out of there pretty quickly. They have some projects of their own going on over there that they need stuff cleared out.

A friend has asked me to make her kids a skirt off a pattern she has purchased. So i quick practiced last night....seriously took me 20 minutes for the skirt. There is a tie to go with, but haven't done that yet. Pardon the not matching shirt. We were just trying it on for size. I personally think the top ruffle is way too big. Oddly, the patter calls for all sizes to have the same size ruffle. So on the 7-8 size it will probably be fine, may want to shorten it slightly for the smaller sizes.
Craft room in progress..............

The stuff waiting to go in....please note that it is all in right now, not put away nicely, but our bathroom is clear.
What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments: